We spent the day in Florence today. Holly and I visited the studio where she will be teaching her class and we went collecting supplies. Holly's Italian is great and it was a treat to watch her interact with the shopkeepers. We ended the shopping at Zecci's which is the art store in Florence I too bought supplies at while studying in Florence, so some nestalgia there. This is the studio above.
While Holly and I shopped, Michael and Tim took to the boys to the science museum to view Galileo's finger. A real treat!
We then met up and went to see the inside of the Duomo. Wow!
Holly and Tim went to dinner tonight sansa ragazzi Michael and I did what the Italians do and took the kids to the local Piazza. We, well... Michael ordered us 2 beers from the park bar...ha ha ha...yup, right there in this tiny square a block away from the apartment, a gazebo sized bar... open only at night...we sat, watched the kids play tag, kick a ball around and did what kids do best, oh and I suppose we did a little people watching on the side. La vita dolce. So fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment